Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Hectic Times


... to the Library to pick up readings for PA642 ... sent to campus office for new ID ... then back 400 yards to the Library ... back to my office to put off another fire ... progress some on some projects ... then making copies ... going for another meeting ... back to the library to turn back the few hours reserved material to avoid fines ...

... next day same thing, this time bank account is a little low so I run to one place to withdraw some money, run to the library to deposit it in our bank, then to the dentist who will make 4,000 dollars this year on me ... (because I was lazy as a child and did not brush my teeth! and the communistic dental care was far from good) .... back to the pharmacy for more pain medicine .... back to the office .... oh time to go to school - Wednesday today.

... it will be 8.30 pm before I will open my car's door on the parking spot and the only good thing about going home that late is that I can pretend to be NASCAR driver and spin down the rather empty parking lot all the way down from the top floor hearing squiggling tires on all curves.

... when I get home my kids will be still awake and Iza will no doubt insist on me falling asleep with her and one of the last things she will say will be "Daddy, I don't like your school; it takes too long; I miss you"

...but it is worth it right? Another 2 years of this and I will be a secret agent in some bureaucracy in Washington? (I picked a name already "Natasha" :-)) Or will I be some bureaucrat elsewhere? Regardless, I put nice little title in front of my name ... I will therefore be a "better" person?

... just sometimes, specially when your mouth is in pain for days and when you realized this is some 20th or so year you keep on going to classes of all sorts of colors and shades ... and it is close to a 100 degrees outside and you keep on going and going, you wonder, why can't I just be stereotypically ... "lazy American" ... or maybe stereotypes are just that, stereotypes?

Sincerely,
Shamick

One’s work may be finished someday,
But one’s education never.
Alexandre Dumas, 1802-1870

No comments: