Monday, September 24, 2007

Dentist in Poland (before 1990)

I want to stress that this video is not supposed to serve as bashing of universal health care systems in modern countries! Note that this video portraits Communist State-Run Dental Health Care System, not Canada, France, etc. (I was once at the dentist in France and it was cheap [much cheaper than in USA] and the dental care was equivalent/same as in USA)

OK. So now that we got that straighten up (as not to give ammunition to critics of universal health care), the video is a slight exaggeration of the situation that existed in Poland before 1990. (I will not comment on today's situation as I simply do not know anymore ... it has been many years since I left Poland.)

What is not an exaggeration about the movie are the following
- the line in the hall of the Dentist with people keeping the order, not the dentist
- the bad equipment
- the luck of any pain killing medication during the procedure
- the "it should not hurt anymore" mentality instead of healing teeth; such things like cosmetic surgeries did not exist at all)
- the God-Dentist attitude (no choice)

So now you understand that I have absolutely no fear when going to a dentist in USA and I find it rather amusing that they offer putting me to sleep for silly things like extractions (wisdom teeth). Man, they give you so much pain medicine here that all you can feel is pressure. They ask you every minute, are you in pain?

Watch this movie and start blessing your dental health care America!



So now you understand why I have to have the below done this year. My wallet is crying big time! But what is one to do? Can't go back in time, can't we?

No comments: