Thursday, July 12, 2007

Tornado Shelter Finished (Updated)


Process of creating Tornado Shelter from crawling space roughly 15 feet by 8 feet and final height 6.5 feet.






Original height of crawling space 42 inches. Added 38 plus 6 or so for concrete floor. Entrance from Garage. Pictures tell the story


"Don't try this at home" :-) (Put it another way, it ain't worth it ... so much work for little storage space ... the only justification is the 'tornado shelter' but I hope I will never know if that justifies my effort in building it)

Thanks,
Shamick P. Gaworski



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Anonymous said...

Great blog, Shamick! Lisa

Anonymous said...

So much work, but it really looks great. Good job and I hope it does come in handy one day.
Be sure to have a list of names of those who can enter!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your perseverance in finishing this project. I'm still trying to attach a hose for my refrigerator icemaker....

Anonymous said...

Pas mal, mais le traduction est un peu difficile a comprendre.

Bon travail comme meme!

Anonymous said...

WOW - you did a ton of work.

I DID consider escavating down ... but unfortunately, the
exterior wall and the concrete footer on a load bearing beam
were not poured any deeper ... if I went about a foot down,
I could stick my hand under the house - D'OH! ;-)

Despite not being able to stand up, it's been totally worth it.
The stairs were there beforehand and coming from outside.
alek